Sunday, July 4, 2010

falling in love

I wish I was able to express how I feel right now. My heart is overflowing in love. This is the first time in my life where I have been surrounded by true Christian fellowship. And it's easy to do that in camp world. But to be quite honest, I believe this is the first time in my life where I can feel myself falling head over heels in love with my savior. I now am beginning to fully realize that Jesus is the greatest love story I'll ever hear, and it's not just "a" story....it's my story. God loves me so much that He sent His son to take my place...I have heard that so many times, but now I view it differently. This is not a story that I hear in church. It's not "Sunday school answers". It's not a religion. It's a love story. My love story. God longs for my heart and loves me more than I can ever understand. If that's not the most beautiful and captivating love story in the world, I don't know what is.

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me
.
And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves.
We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way that He loves u
s...

-DCB

No comments:

Post a Comment