Sunday, July 11, 2010

it's the most wonderful time of the year

Have you ever felt the spirit of Christmas morning in July?

I have.

The past week of camp at Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, Missouri was incredible. Each week I see how God is changing me and making me to become what I was made to do. This week I had a great bible study, a great church group, a fantastic group for my track time...it was just a good week of camp. Being stationary this weekend was a huge lift to my spirits as well.

I had a BLAST this week. God is so good.

Also, after partaking in the festivities of CentriKid Christmas week, I have to say, my heart is full. I say that a lot.

We exchanged gifts with secret Santas, decorated cookies and had hot apple cider and hot chocolate, and had a Christmas morning breakfast at Tarah's house. It felt like Christmas. Being with 24 of my closest friends whom I love dearly, sharing fellowship while celebrating the birth of our Savior....it doesn't get much better than that.

During Christmas week I received a journal. In this journal, there are notes to me from my fellow staffers. They (well...most of them) did not sign their name, but simply wrote me a note. It is the most encouraging, uplifting, and sweetest thing I have ever read. I laughed and cried and cried and laughed when I read it. I read it everyday. I am so lucky to be in the presence of this many incredible people who care about me. It's hard to imagine that the summer is halfway over; I don't know what I'm going to do when we have to say goodbye.

love love love,
MC

No comments:

Post a Comment