Wednesday, July 28, 2010

happy heart

If I could sum up what my summer has been like in one word, I know what that word is.

Love.

In two words, true love.

My mind and heart are full of such wonderful memories and one-on-one encounters with God. I can't believe that next week is my last week to work camp with CK5 2010. This summer has flown by, and yet, I can honestly say that my life has been changed forever. I could go on for days about the relationships that I have formed with each member of our incredible staff, but I'd like to specify one right now.

I met Kimberly in May before we left for our program training. We had lunch at Chili's since we live in the same area, and I knew from that day forward that I would like her. What I didn't know was how much I would end up loving her. She has been such a blessing to my life. God put me on CK5 so that I could spend the summer with Kimberly. She encourages me so much, and makes me laugh like crazy.

One thing that Kimberly has done for me this summer is to tell me to have a happy heart. I can probably count on my hand how many times I've been really upset or frustrated, but in those times she always reminds me to have a happy heart. I like this phrase. It's so simple. But even during times when I get frustrated or upset about fickle, meaningless situations, to be reminded to have a happy heart really does change my heart.

This is quite literally the tip of the iceberg as far as how much this staff has encouraged me. But I'm going to go to bed now, and share those when I have more time to write. :)

-Mary Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment