Thursday, May 20, 2010

confirmed: the world is crazy.

It's times like this when I want to sick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes, and go "LALALALALALALALA".

Of course this all plays into the fact that I am a "grown-up" and I'm not in Kansas anymore, but I am honestly baffled at the world. I have grown up in the Memphis metro area and hearing of heinous crimes on the news is not something new. But in the past week, someone beat a precious 2 year old girl to death for using the bathroom on herself while potty training, and two West Memphis officers were shot in cold blood on the interstate.

There are plenty of things in this world that I simply do not understand. People are one of them. I just can't fathom why someone would think it is okay to murder a baby, or anyone for that matter. I don't understand how, if we are up to our eyeballs in national debt, people can afford (and are willing to purchase) million dollar clothes or purses or shoes. I don't understand why the world is more passionate about the Twilight saga than it is about ending world hunger, animal abuse, or something that matters.

Maybe I'm just too old fashioned, but when I think about how much money is in the world and who all holds it, and who needs it...it's infuriating to me.

If the world would try a little harder to get their priorities in order--high class, low class, famous people, everyone...the world would look a bit brighter than it does now.

No comments:

Post a Comment